Friday, February 26, 2010

I would like to be able to take this job

I just went to craigslist.org and typed in keyword "yoga" in the job search. There were a lot of jobs listed for yoga instructors, but since I'm not (yet) a yoga teacher I cruised right by those. And I came upon this:

Front Desk Position - Bay Club Financial District (financial district)

About us...

About Us...
Bay Club Financial District is the City's top executive fitness center. Located in San Francisco's bustling Financial District, this elegant club offers personalized service, topnotch equipment, and comfortable, elegant surroundings. Catering specifically to the busy professional, the club provides members and their guest with a dedicated mind & body studio, group exercise/cycle studio, strength training room, and functional training room, plus luxurious amenities, including a day spa, pro shop, and executive locker rooms with sauna, steam, whirlpool, and full-size lockers. Bay Club Financial District also offers a comprehensive assortment of services such as personal fitness training, one-on-one yoga & Pilate’s instruction, and laundry service.

Bay Club Financial District is accepting applications for a part time Front Desk Representative. The person chosen for this position will be responsible for courteously and efficiently providing exceptional service to all members, guests and employees, keeping the Club a safe and secure environment and perform functional tasks for the operations of the desk and the entire Club. Qualified candidates must possess enthusiasm for customer service, and a passion for helping people. For more information about our Club please visit our website at www.bayclubbofa.com.


Currently we are accepting applications for the following shift:
4:45am-1:15pm (Tuesday-Friday)

Qualified candidates must have a clear understanding of the following areas of emphasis:
• An abiding belief in the tenets of Western Athletic Clubs’ Mission Statement to create welcoming environments and enriching experiences with an added commitment to improve the health and well being of others.
• Dedicated practice of our company’s ENHANCE Service Standards of customer relations and professionalism. ie Greet members and guests by name, etc.
• Maintain a friendly demeanor and professional image for a positive first and last impression
• Team player and strong work ethic
• Punctual attendance and excellent time management
• Good organizational skills and follow-up for superior results
• Proactive initiative and creative skills to resolve problems in a professional, calm and constructive manner

Job Requirements:
• Experience in a customer service industry/position
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional listening skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Enthusiastic, responsible, and dependable team player
• Self motivated, takes initiative
• Well-organized and detail oriented
• Respect for the importance and difficulty of delivering consistently superior service

Please send cover letter and resume to employment@bayclubbofa.com or fax it to 415.362.7207.

I realize that I would make pretty much no money doing this job...however it would be GLORIOUS! And I would be so good at it! And I wouldn't have to travel any more AND I could ride public transportation to work!!

Sadly, I think my husband would go into shock and or have a coronary if I quit my job right now. Financially it just doesn't seem possible.

Also, can I admit that immediately upon dreaming about taking this job I thought, "Oh, they'd make fun of me--a 41 year old--applying for this job." I hate being in my 40s. I know that is a bad attitude. Okay, okay, I'll try and get over it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Just checked your link for the first time in a long time, apparently! Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete